Wash your face, brush your teeth, throw some gel in your hair, that’s good enough, right? Wrong. If this is what your current grooming routine consists of, it may be time to reevaluate.
If you’re ready to be a fresher, smoother version of yourself, it’s time to invest in a little more time in the bathroom and a few more high quality products.
Skin Care Regimen
If you haven’t established an effective skin care routine yet, now is the time. The first step to a well groomed man is maintaining your skin to set it up for success. A few products to have on hand to ensure soft, hydrated, skin are:
- Cleanser - Cleaning your face with normal soap will strip skin of its natural oils and protective qualities leaving it dry and exposed. Opting for a cleanser like Ritual Face Cleanser, which has been formulated to avoid drying and irritation by exploiting the natural benefits of Tamanu oil, Peppermint oil, Willow bark extract and Bentonite clay to gently dissolve grime, is a much better solution.
- Moisturizer - If you want to keep those wrinkles at bay and your skin glowing, you need to be using a top quality moisturizer. For those in need of something light, our Matte Balancing Moisturizer is the perfect go to. But if your skin is on the dryer side, choosing something thicker such as our HEATH Moisturizer, is a better option.
- Face Masks - Who said men can’t enjoy a good facial mask? You actually should be taking advantage of the benefits of a quality mask. Not only does our Face Putty Mask hydrate and rejuvenate your skin, but it also brightens and detoxes.
- Serum - Before you brush it off and reach for an off brand body wash to treat your face, consider the advantages of using a high quality serum designed specifically for your skin type. Whether you’re struggling with blemishes, new found wrinkles, or maybe you just need a little extra hydration, whatever your need, there’s a serum for it.
Hit the Shower
After you take care of your face, it’s time to tackle the rest of your body, as well as the hair.
Whether you have dry, flaky skin or sensitive skin prone to breakouts, a high quality body wash can make all the difference. We promise quality products are worth the investment, your skin will thank us later.
- Body Wash - Lathering your body in a wash that is designed to cleanse, nourish and moisturize dry and sensitive skin gently is key to maintaining healthy skin. A wash such as VIELO’s Organic Body Wash which is specially formulated will leave your skin glowing and hydrated.
- Body Lotion - Did you know 40% of men have never tried a skin care product designed specifically for men? Body lotions may sound more on the feminine side, but that’s why there are lotions designed specifically for men. A quality body lotion such as the VERSO Body Lotion, not only nourishes your skin, but it also locks in hydration to give your body a healthy glow and remain smooth and soft.
- Shampoo + Conditioner - While it may be easier to grab a bottle of three-in-one body wash/shampoo/conditioner, and run it through your hair, what your hair really needs is something that will cleanse just enough to strip away excess oil and dirt, without leaving your hair lifeless and dry. If you want luscious, healthy hair, choosing separate shampoos and conditioners that each cater to your hair’s needs is the way to go.
- Styling - Glossy and easy to restyle over and over, Ponsonby Pomade, is a great choice if you’re working with dry hair. But for those days when you need a quick style fresh out of the shower, you can’t go wrong with a styling clay such as Coltrane Clay.
Last but not least, clean teeth and a fresh scent. Make sure to roll on deodorant and give your teeth a refreshing brush before you head out the door for the day. Taking care of yourself doesn’t have to be extensive, but it all starts with quality products and an effective routine.